Travel Consultant Job Description (30 – 35K)
Travel Consultant is responsible for organising and preparing holiday tours. They follow trends in the popularity of destinations and packages, and adjust company plans accordingly.
- Deciding how many holidays to sell each season and the resorts/countries to use
- Marketing holidays to clients via travel agents, websites, brochures and television advertising
- Visiting resorts to ascertain accommodation quality and suitability
- Liaising with coach operators, airlines, hoteliers and resort reps
- Agreeing service levels, contracts and costs
- Confirming customer names with airlines/hotels
- Collecting, evaluating and responding (as appropriate) to customer feedback
- Using market research information to guide decisions
- Producing brochures and internet-based information
- Providing pricing information
- Handling bookings, invoicing and issuing of tickets
- Predicting profits or number of bookings.
- Degree/Diploma Graduates in Leisure, Travel, Tourism, Management, Marketing and other business related qualification
- 3-5 years’ experience in tour travel industry
Key Skills for Tour Operators
- A demonstrable interest in travel
- Knowledge of key holiday destinations
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Communication skills
- Customer service skills
- Organisational skills
- IT skills
- Commercial awareness
- Good time management skills.
How to Apply
If you meet the above qualifications send CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by 20th April 2019. Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.