13TH TO 15TH OCTOBER 2021 – THE lake Naivasha RESORT
Secure Movement and Storage of Goods
In this age of intense competition, complexity and unprecedented disruption in global supply chains, maintaining an optimal balance between available stock to meet customers’ demands and investment in inventory is a complex trade-off.
Warehouse & stores operations and inventory control system is a key strategic enabler in a company’s ability to design their production schedules, deliver to customer expectations and minimise overall costs.
During this workshop, participants will be provided with in-depth knowledge on how to evaluate procedures and make needed changes to improve customer service whilst achieving reductions in inventory; eliminate wasteful costs; avoid internal problems that limit performance through comprehensive descriptions, case studies and illustrations to provide guidance on critical concepts.
By the end of this training programs participants will be able to:
- Recognise the strategic importance of warehousing & inventory management
- Perform ABC inventory classification and cycle counting and calculate record accuracy and discrepancies
- Manage warehouse design layout and storage capacity
- Develop perfect order rates by optimizing order fulfillment
- Promote security and safety measures to decrease insurance premiums
- Measure warehouse productivity using the right Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Reducing operating costs while better managing inventory to meet future demand
- Overcome challenges faced in warehouse and inventory management
Procurement & Supply Chain Managers/Officers, Purchasing Managers Stores Personnel, Inventory Managers/Supervisors, Inventory Clerks, Warehouse Personnel, Buyers, Material & Inventory Planners, Production Planners, Freight Forwarders, Distribution & Logistics Professionals, Quality Managers, Auditors, Finance and Operations Managers.