21ST & 22ND JULY 2022 – NAIROBI SAFARI CLUB HOTEL
A Meeting Moves at The Speed of the Slowest Mind in The Room!
Recent survey reports that 40 to 60 per cent of most managers’ working hours are spent in meetings. This translates to significant productivity hours and not to mention the thousands and sometimes millions of dollars spent on meetings.
For many organizations, meetings are a way of life. Meetings are a vehicle to bring out the best ideas, to establish understanding, devise solutions, and get things rolling.
With important things at stake in meetings, accurately capturing the purpose of the meeting and its agreed outcomes is of great value. Meeting minutes serve as a record of what was discussed and decided in a meeting, what actions must be taken, who must take them and when.
This workshop will take participants through on how to prepare for the meeting, taking notes during the meeting, and complete the job by distributing a report after the meeting. They will discover specific tips for taking spot-on meeting notes and writing a concise report that provides details of what transpired.
After the training participants will be able to:
- Appreciate and appropriately use meeting skills as a business tool
- Structure and conduct meetings to achieve business objectives
- Create clear & concise meeting agendas
- Define & assign meeting roles & responsibilities
- Use an agenda for meeting management garnering a desired outcome & accountability
- Draft, proofread, correct and distribute accurate, timely, complete minutes
- Report the key points of discussion & actions using correct grammar & tone
- Practice leading meetings and a number of minute taking scenarios
Target Audience This course is suitable for professionals responsible for planning, setting, managing & recording meetings whether at board level, departmental level, operational team or project team including but not limited to Board Secretaries, Supervisors, Team Leaders, Committee Chairpersons, Committee Members, Personal Assistants, Executive Assistants, Office Administrators, Secretaries, Project Assistants