22ND & 23RD JULY 2021 – CROWNE PLAZA HOTEL NAIROBI
People Leave Managers Not Organisations!
For most organisations, the rise to supervisory positions’ is a reward for superior functional expertise or star performance as an independent contributor and not due to training or for their leadership potential.
Overlooking the impact, a supervisor or manager has on both culture and people will come back to haunt us. Organisations will eventually pay a heavy price for the failure to prepare supervisors and managers for their new role.
A supervisor or manager sets the tone and is the major influence on the employee in the work environment. As the supervisor pervades every aspect of the employee’s work life, the quality of this relationship dictates the level of discretionary effort and the degree of loyalty employees give to the organization.
Professionals who have excelled in management and leadership functions have mastered the People & Business acumen competencies. This hands-on skills development workshop will expose supervisors and new managers to brilliant fresh ideas, foolproof proven strategies, & tools they need to excel.
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Define the supervisor’s roles & related competencies for optimal performance
- Apply essential supervisory functions that are key for the success of the team
- Use powerful communication skills to build trust and boost cooperation
- Implement effective coaching techniques to help the team progress and grow
- Apply effective time management techniques to increase team’s productivity
Head of Departments, Team Leaders, Supervisors, New Managers, Operational Staff, Emerging Leaders, Office Managers & Administrators, Project Managers and seasoned managers who want to refresh their supervisory skills across all industries.