8TH & 9TH JULY 2021 – CROWNE PLAZA HOTEL NAIROBI
Harnessing the Best from Your Staff
As a manager, one of your primary concerns and responsibilities involves managing the performance of your business unit and the people who report to you. This presents a wealth of unique challenges ranging from the personal to the professional, and it’s your job to deal with them.
Many performance issues are left to have a much larger impact than they should – when corrective action is often the only option. If the issues and causes are dealt with in the early stages it can save you and your organisation a huge amount in terms of time and resources. There is a much better way!
This course will help you plan, execute, assess and review performance by adopting a proactive approach to performance. It will equip you with a workable set of tools and a framework for managing performance that can be implemented for any individual, team or within any organisational environment.
By the end of the appraisal skills training, participants will be able to:
- State the core principles and benefits of effective performance appraisals
- Set and write SMART performance objectives
- Review the appraisee’s performance and clearly summarise the agreed level of performance
- Give constructive and motivational feedback
- Hold structured conversational performance appraisal meetings
All levels of management, including Team Leaders, Supervisors, HR Managers /Officers, HODs’ responsible for conducting Performance Appraisals.