23RD TO 25TH JUNE 2021 – ABERDARE COUNTRY CLUB NYERI
The Effective Board!
In business, as in families, overly permissive parenting is often blamed for egregious misbehavior. Recent scandals have exposed some boards as too passive, too indulgent, or flat-out oblivious to what goes on around them. As a result, companies facing new governance requirements are scrambling to buttress financial reporting, overhaul board structures—whatever it takes to become compliant. If they stop there, though, compliant is all they’ll be. That would be a shame.
Boards and directors have a key role in providing the leadership and accountability that determine the long term success of an organisation. They must act honestly and promote the success of the business and benefit its shareholders. They also have responsibilities to the company’s employees, its trading partners and the state.
This practical three-day course will equip delegates with the crucial knowledge and an understanding of the role, duties and legal responsibilities of a company director as well as the other critical board roles, activities and duties tackle the challenges of the boardroom with fresh confidence successfully.
By the end of the program, participants will have:
- An understanding of the duties, roles and legal obligations of the Director and the Board,
- A deep insight in to corporate governance and how it influences the responsibilities, accountabilities and activities of the Board,
- A recognition of the approach to take as a Director, both in and out of the boardroom and how to improve personal boardroom effectiveness,
- The ability to identify and understand the crucial differences between direction, management and ownership,
- An understanding of how to identify good governance and interpret, assess, and manage corporate risk,
- Developed strategies and approaches for the effective management of stakeholders at Board level,
- Recognition of the importance and influence corporate values have in the development of a successful, responsible and ethical business,
- Increased confidence to challenge and influence Board level decisions and company direction.
Board Members, Aspiring or Newly Appointed Directors, Executives Seeking Director Transition Pathways, Directors Wanting to Refine Their Skills, Non-executive Board Members, Chairpersons of Board and Board Committees, Chief Executives, Company Secretaries, Business Owners, Corporate Governance, HR, Risk & Compliance Professionals